Tuesday, April 5, 2011

One of 'those' days.

Do you ever have those days where you feel like your brain cannot handle any more? Or your heart is so full it will literally explode if someone tells you one more bit of sad news? Or your body is so tired from giving and helping others that if you were to lift your arm higher than your shoulder it might come detached?
.
Today was a combination of the above and then some. I do however appreciate the growth that comes because of those days. 
.
15 REALIZATIONS IN THE LAST FIFTEEN HOURS:

  1. Letting someone go might be the most loving and most painful thing we can do. I'm not sure I'm ready, but I feel the strength growing inside of me each day. I think sometimes they don't even realize or fully understand that you have to let them go or else you may end up never really living or loving again.  
  2. My brothers are hilarious. They make me laugh and overwhelm me with witty comments. They also help me keep perspective and remind me of what's important. Okay, I didn't learn this today, but was reminded of how much I need them in my life and how blessed I am to call them my brothers. 
  3. I'm lonely and need more people in my life. And I'm going to do something about it. End of story. 
  4. Don't tell people you are single unless you want to be hooked up with everyone and their best friend's neighbor. Just sayin'.
  5. I never want to have jaw surgery. Ever. 
  6. Homemade pumpkin spread is best on Nilla Wafers, not crackers. That's gross. But when you're desperate...
  7. Rain/Thunder/Snow storm washes your car and makes it look brand new. 
  8. "Empty My Hands" by Tenth Avenue North is one of my favorite songs right now. Newest cd "When Light Meets The Dark" - phenomenal.
  9.  I went for a run this evening. Running in the rain is the best (just not in 42 degree weather). It was freezing and I thought my lungs would burst. I had to go though. I had to leave and get out and move. I needed to clear my mind. To switch my focus for a moment. I felt better afterwards. And I threatened if anyone attempted to stop me, bodily harm would soon be theirs. 
  10. God continues to remind me of His power and His plan. Whether I clearly see it today, I'm learning that I only need to understand that He is in control and I can trust Him with everything. 
  11. Sometimes there are other people who feel exactly the same way you do. And you know what? That's encouraging to hear. Especially today.
  12. I'm going to invent a pocket-sized pause button for moments when your brain is on overload. Or your heart. Or body. Or pretty much, for when everything is too much. 
  13. God moments can come at any time, in any shape. It's times like these I can't imagine my life without Jesus Christ.  
  14. I like to make people laugh. Sometimes this back fires though because I say things that are ridiculously dumb and actually not funny at all. However, the people laugh at me when this happens and then I still end up making them laugh. I love it. 
  15. It's time for bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share what's on your heart...